Senior Spotlight-Morayah Cupp

• AB: What is your name? 
  • MC: Morayah Cupp
  • AB: Tell me a background story about your life.
  •  MC: I was born in Greeley, CO but have lived in Champion, NE since I was nine months old. My mom is a second-grade teacher here at CCS and my dad works outside of the school system. 
  • AB: Tell me about yourself?
  • MC: I’ve played softball all four years of high school, cheered two years, and was class president freshman-junior year. FFA is my favorite high school extra-curricular activity.
  • AB: What are you thinking about going into after high school?
  • MC: I plan to get my associates of science degree and further my education by earning my bachelor’s and hopefully masters in International Agriculture. 
  • AB: What has motivated you to pursue agriculture? 
  • MC: I have grown up in a rural community and I love the aspect of it all. Being a part of the ag industry young by being in FFA is something that I will never take for granted. FFA and agriculture have motivated me to prepare early for my future. 
  • AB: Where are you thinking about going to college? 
  • MC: Northeastern Junior College in Sterling, CO for my associates and Oklahoma State University in Stillwater to finish.
  • AB: What is one thing you wish you would have done differently from your freshman year to now? 
  • MC: I wish I would’ve reached out to someone outside of school for extra help in classes. Even if you don’t necessarily get along with a teacher or feel comfortable going in for extra help, take the time to find a tutor or someone willing to help you. Your grades and GPA will thank you. 
  • AB: What do you encourage students to do the most throughout high school?
  • MC: Although it sounds cliche, try everything, at least for your freshman year. Trying everything at first gives you the learning opportunities to decide what you really enjoy and what you want to really dial in on in your extracurriculars. You’ll learn that at times, something you really enjoy just doesn’t agree with your schedule or that you really dislike another.  
  • AB: Do you think that students should have a part-time job during high school?
  • MC: I think students that aren’t super involved in extracurriculars should have part-time jobs. This gives them the opportunity to get a jumpstart in the workforce, preparing them for life beyond high school.
  • AB: What is one piece of advice you want to give students in high school, and incoming freshmen? 
  • MC: ihfsifsijoYour dreams and passions will lead you in the right direction and you will then enjoy what life throws at you. High school is like a free trial in finding what you enjoy so take advantage of the experiences and challenges thrown your way.